About UsForwardMiller was launched as a partnership with Philippa Forward, a long-time event specialist who had worked for many years with George Trescher Associates as well as independently. In 2000, Philippa retired from active involvement in the firm. Maggie Fogel has played an active role with ForwardMiller almost from its inception and today continues to collaborate on projects each year.
Currently, ForwardMiller's team is comprised of professionals working in various related fields. We have ongoing relationships with specialists in the events and philanthropic fields.
Regarding philanthropy, Chas Miller has a broad range of experience and knowledge in dealing with donations, targeted solicitations, and giving opportunities. Having worked in communities from Washington, D.C. to upstate New York and from the Connecticut Valley to the Hamptons, Newport and Boston, Chas has the unique perspective of someone actively involved with not-for-profit organizations and philanthropy. His personal involvement includes:
- serving as the President of a private foundation and the Executive Director of another private foundation.
- serving as Executive Director and providing a "virtual" office for Sir John Soane's Museum Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization; he held a similar position for many years with Tails In Need, Inc., a non-profit organization (now inactive) whose mission was to promote mixed breed canine adoptions.
- currently serves on Curatorial Committee of Olana State Historic Site; is a member of the Olana Emeritus Council; previously served as Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees of The Olana Partnership. Olana is the home and estate of 19th Century Hudson River School painter Frederic Edwin Church. For the Hudson Opera House, Inc., chaired the Advisory Board of this continuing renovation project and cultural development program for a historic 1855 civic building in the town of Hudson in Columbia County, New York. He also served as a member of a funding committee for the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, and served as a founding member of the Board of the Northwest Connecticut Arts Council.
- counsels many organizations on special events, travel programs, fund-raising and positioning.
- supports more than 50 organizations with ongoing membership support and donations.